The much awaited India's ultra-low-cost tablet was launched last day. This 35$ tablet is named "Aakash" ( also UBISLATE) . It was previously named "Sakshat".
Data Wind is manufacturing this low cost tablet.
|This 7-inch tablet with resistive touch screen is powered by Android 2.2 (Froyo) and a 366 Mhz processor. It has a HD video co-processor for a high-quality multimedia experience and core graphics accelerator for faster application support. This device also includes WiFi connectivity and support for optional 3G modems. There are USB ports integrated in the device which allows to connect pen drives, external keyboards, web cams etc..|
- Fast & Easy access to Internet.
- Connection can be made through wi-fi, gprs etc.
- Integrated modem for connectivity
- Fast Internet by DataWind's patented technology.
- 3G modems can be attached to this device
- Make & receive voice calls
- Expandable memory up to 32 GB
- Lots of apps for various apps
- Lots more features are there.....
OS :Android 2.2 ( Froyo)
Graphics :HD Video Processor
Display : 7 inch display (800x480 resolution)
Audio : 3.5 mm Audio In/Out jack
Storage : 2 GB (internal) ; support external memory upto 32GB
Documents : doc, docs, ppt, pptx, xls, xlsx, odt, odp, pdf & many more
Connectivity : GPRS, Wi-fi (a/b/g)
Battery : back up upto 180 minutes
Others : 1 standard USB port, High quality Video streaming & playback
The initial cost at which the government is acquiring one lakh units the tablet PC from DataWind is Rs 2250 per unit. The target price at which the government intends to acquire an additional 1 crore units is the previously publicised Rs 1750 per unit.